Position Tasks & Activities:
- Prepare accurate records on the maintenance, repair and fuel levels of equipment.
- Maintain all decals, safety warnings and company ID stickers.
- Inform supervisor of warranty situations before repair is begun.
- Assist in training new team members, as requested by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of equipment failures. Report all safety violations.
- Inform supervisor of needed parts.
- Complete work orders for internal and external repairs.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions.
- Repair power and mechanical equipment.
- Apply professional troubleshooting techniques to repair equipment.
- Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
- Maintain a clean shop, especially personal working area, and keep floors swept and mopped.
- Assist in maintaining the company property.
- Implement preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain company vehicles.
- Assist customer with pick-up and return of equipment, tools, trailers and towable equipment. Demonstrate safe towing procedures. Ensure all equipment is secured to customer vehicle properly.
- Check and refill equipment fuel and fluids.
- Clean, inspect, service and test equipment prior to declaring it “Ready to Rent.”
- Fill propane tanks as requested.
- Attend update/tech classes.
- Assist yard, warehouse and delivery personnel as necessary.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To maintain and repair all types of rental equipment. Electrical, carpentry, hydraulic and welding knowledge is necessary. Request ordering of parts, tools and equipment as necessary. Must be courteous, professional and knowledgeable with customers regarding safety procedures and rental equipment.
Must stand for extended periods of time. Work will be outdoors and indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must possess knowledge in the mechanical field, plumbing and construction. Prior experience is a plus.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Vocational education or certification in preferred.
- Must be able to lift approximately 100 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must possess the physical abilities necessary for this position.
- Must be able to apply principles of rational thinking to solve problems.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Maintain a sense of urgency.
- Must demonstrate “common sense” to solve problems and address issues.
Reports to: Store Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.